Ruth, a Parable of the Kingdom
- Love a good love story?
- This look at Ruth shows the different kinds of love stories it contains
- A great way for small groups to engage with the Bible in a different way
The book of Ruth is full of dramatic life-lessons, all framed in an enduring love story, it speaks of not one, but three important loves:
1. The love of a widowed, disenfranchised daughter-in-law for her embittered mother-in-law.
2. The love of an older nobleman, the wealthiest landowner in his region, for a servant girl from an alien culture, desperately trying to scrape a living.
3. The love of God for his broken, bewildered and stumbling people.
This story will enable the reader to understand these loves and examine how we can move from chaos to a restored humanity full of good things for every one of us. This book is particularly useful as a study guide for small groups.